Wednesday 24 August 2011

On a scrappy roll

5 minutes here and 10 minutes there and I seem to be getting a lot of scrapping done :) I got these gorgeous My Minds Eye Vanity fair 6x6 papers from Sarahscards last week. I love, love, love them but I did wonder if I would use them - they are a bit feminine for me. But I had a play and here you go. James and I at the zoo taken by Sam. I was wondering about a title and was stuck on the word "together". I wanted the sentiment to be along the lines of I'll always be this close to him. Jack Johnson's "Better Together" popped into my head and would not leave - so I wrote out some of the song lyrics down the right hand side - the first Layout on this post was in my mind for the journalling.
I aged the pink thickers with a brown ink pad as they were just too pink. Finally I added some strips of my other new purchase this week - kawaii craft tape and added a little more journalling on it.

TFL folks - don't forget to say hi!
x

4 comments:

Nat said...

It's gorgeous! It's not too girly at all :) xxx

nikki said...

best layout yet - absolutely love this :)

Helen said...

GORGEOUS! Love the journaling down the side. The title is really eye catching and love what you did to the thickers. Not too girly - just right x

Sarah said...

Yep - loving it too. Now, can I publish this? 5th time trying since your "anyone out there" post.................